Wednesday, June 15, 2011

work experience

I have been forced by Cello motivated into writing a post.
So.

This week has been our school's work experience. I've spent the past two days slaving away in a quilting shop. On the first day, I spent all morning colour co-ordinating all their fat quarters, because the customers had all messed it up during the sale the previous week, then in the afternoon, I catalogued some new fabrics. And I also made a window display. But otherwise it was boring.

But today, they had some classes. They got me to hand-sew a patchwork block. That's right. Hand-sew. I'm not finished yet. On the up-side, I got some free fabric :D.

Glasses, here is the link for the carrot cake recipe I promised you:
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/15406/carrot+cake

It's a good recipe for butter-phobes, but the oil gets to me after a while. Also, the edges tend to go a little over-brown. But the inside is divine.

Anyway.
It's back to work tomorrow.

FHT

P.S Star and Cello, the fairy statue is wrapped and ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment